Today I received the new Computer MUSIC Magazine. With a large: REVIEWED my eye fell for the 'ABLETON/C74 MAX FOR LIVE'. And there it was, on page 94 and 95!
Quite nice article, I enjoyed reading it. The verdict was very good, I quote:
- Massive library of patches
- Large user community
- Capable of almost anything
- Tight integration between Max and Live
- A serious learning curve!
- Full-screen Live with Max is messy
- Only stereo/mono output from patches
- No demo or 'read only' version yet
It also got three awards: Editor's choice, Innovation and Performance. Not bad at all! I agree with the most parts, especially the learning curve. But I have to say, the examples are excellent and the documentation is very good. I am enjoying Max for Live more and more. Today I've created the patch which controls the tempo in Live. Check it out here.
|< Prev||Next >|